Get to know Chelsea
How long have you worked at Brazilian Beauty and ASI?
I was a therapist and 2IC for Brazilian Beauty for almost 7 years, I have been working with ASI - Australian Skin Institute for 5 years
What is your favourite Treatment?
No questions asked, skin needling, I love the results and how this treatment can completely change someone's skin.
What is your favourite skin care product?
It's hard to pick one, it's like asking a mother which child is her favorite lol!
I’m a really big believer in a whole skincare program to get results. But I do love our Vitamin A, Vitamin B and Vitamin C serums.
What are your hobbies?
I have a beautiful baby pug Ricco who takes up a lot of my time because he's amazing, I also love going to the gym and working out.
Have you always had a passion for skin/skincare?
YES, I have always had a big passion for skin and skincare. Our skin plays a big part in our overall health, it's really important that we look after it, we only get one.
Get to know Skin
Key differences between Cosmetics and Cosmeceuticals?
Where to start……. Everything is different. A cosmeceutical is the best change you will ever make to your skin. A cosmeceutical works on the lower layers of your skin, this is a must because it will actually change the structure of your skin and how your cells form. A cosmetic will help to just maintain your skin on the surface level.
What skincare changes should be made in winter?
In winter time we are more likely to to become more dehydrated, which means we can get a buildup of dead skin cells. It is important to make these extra changes during winter-
- Exfoliate 2-3 times a week using an AHA Exfoliant which will help to eat away your dead skin cells like a pacman.
- Use a hydrating mask after exfoliating try and use a mask with ingredients like peptides, Sodium Hyaluronate and Volcanic Clays. All of these power ingredients will help to hydrate, repair skin and also eliminate toxins.
Why is it important to use skincare as well as getting professional skin treatments?
It's like seeing a PT onces a week, but going home doing no other exercise and eating fast food, you're not really going to get the results you're after. It's the same with skincare and professional skin treatments.
Why do we age and how can we prevent this?
From the age of 20-25 on onwards our collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid (these are the things that make our skin look young and full) production levels decline by around 2% every year :(, also UV damage will also excel this.
Ingredients that will help to slow this down are:
- Vitamin A - it’s the only ingredient that will get into our cell and change our DNA
- Vitamin B - it does everything your skin needs (it's really a must for any skin)
- Vitamin C - it helps with the production of collagen and elastin within the skin
What are your 3 top skincare tips for beautiful skin?
Oh god, I don't even know where to start there are so many great tips.
- So many people are worried about using oil on their skin because they feel like it can make them breakout, that's not the case at all, our skin needs oil to work the way it should. Essential Fatty Acids (EFA’s) are so important for skin health no matter what skin type you have. You can increase your EFA’s by eating more good fats and also using Avocado and Macadamia topically, these two ingredients are found in mostly all our ASI products.
- Using a cleanser that is free of soap and Sodium Lauryl Sulphate as these ingredients can lead to a weakened Acid Mantel and can make your skin dry, dehydrated, oily and can lead to breakout
- Always use a different treatment cream AM and PM, our skin’s need different ingredients at night time v’s day time. Of a night time our skin is healing we need ingredients like Vitamin A to encourage our skin to heal, so when you wake up your skin is glowing and ready to take on the day. During the daytime we need a Tyrosinase inhibitor to help prevent pigmentation - Vitamin C is great for that! We also need to make sure we are preventing Dehydration, Sodium Hyaluronate is a great ingredient to keep skin well hydrated throughout the day, which is especially important if you work in air condition.
At Brazilian Beauty we have the full range of ASI Cosmeceuticals as well as professional ASI Peels. All Brazilian Beauty team members are ASI Certified Skin Therapists.
Come in any time for a FREE 10min skin consultation and get a professionally recommended treatment plan for skincare and advanced skin treatments.