How to Manscape Like a Pro
The precise and skilled art of ‘manscaping’ is an essential element of manhood…
Love it or hate it, most men will dabble in a spot of grooming - whether they’re willing to admit it or not…
For long-term smooth bods without any nicks, excessive ingrowns, or shaving rash you have two options; waxing or permanent hair reduction with IPL or laser. Let this be your guide, your strategy if you will, for ultimate hair-free godliness…
What you need to know about Male Waxing…
- Exfoliate: No matter your treatment area, exfoliating is fundamental for smooth skin. Scrub your skin 12 hours before your waxing appointment to lift out any ingrowns and remove dead skin cells to prepare your skin.
- Let it grow: Your waxing technician will need at least hair to be 0.5cm long for your treatment - the ensures the wax has something to stick to! If it’s too short - expect a lot of plucking.
- Avoid DIY: Seriously lads, do not take the risk! Leave it up to the experts.
- Look after your skin after the wax: Use after care products to prevent infection, irritation and in-growns as well as extend the life of your wax. We recommend our Antibac Cleansing Gel and ASI’s Clearing Lotion.
- Avoid the Gym: Don’t worry - only for 8 hours directly after your wax. This will prevent ingrowns and folliculitis caused by chafing and excessive sweating.
If you’re haunted by your hairiness, IPL Laser Hair Removal may be an option for you. IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) uses a combination of heat and light to permanently destroy the hair follicle and retard hair growth.
- The male epidermis is up to 20% thicker than the female.
- Men have less nerve endings close to the skin, and thus feel less pain than women.
Looking for something more permanent? Tips for Male IPL Laser Hair Removal.
- Show up shaved: For the treatment to work effectively, we recommend shaving at least 12 hours prior to your treatment
- Avoid direct sunlight: for at least 48 hours - as skin can be extra sensitive to sunlight after IPL Laser Hair Removal treatments.
- Avoid plucking or waxing between treatments: For IPL to work, the hair needs to be in the follicle! If you must maintain the mane between sessions, shaving is acceptable.
Any questions? Give one of the professional Therapists a call at your nearest Brazilian Beauty salon. We’ll ensure you leave the salon like the smooth operator you are!