Everything you need to know about Dermaplaning!
Have your heard about the treatment that targets your facial fuzz and smoothes your skin?
Dermaplaning is an effective treatment that uses an exfoliating blade to skim dead skin cells and hair from your face. It's also called microplaning or blading.
What are the benefits?
This treatment will decongest and resurface for the result of smooth, even and soft skin. Dermaplaning also:
- Removes soft facial hair that traps dirt and oils.
- Reduces the appearance of acne scars.
- Diminishes the look of fine lines.
- Provides deeper product penetration.
Will I see results immediately?
You don’t need to plan any downtime to recover from a dermaplaning treatment.
You may experience redness or feel like your skin is scraped in the two or three days right after the procedure.
You may notice that your skin looks brighter immediately after you’re finished with a dermaplaning treatment, but it often takes a few days to appreciate the full results.
How long should I wait between treatments?
Recommended to be performed every 4 weeks like a normal wax.
Will my hair grow back thicker?
This treatment does not cause hair to grow back thicker or darker on the face and will grow back as it was before between the 4-6-week period.
Is there any contraindications?
We do not provide Dermaplaning treatments to those with:
- Serious Rosacea
- Active acne
- Roaccutane or Accutane medication for acne
- Skin with an impaired barrier
- Open sores/wounds
- Hormonal Hair
Can all skin types have Dermaplaning?
All skin types can have a Dermaplaning treatment.
Is Dermaplaning painful?
During a dermaplaning procedure, you shouldn’t feel any pain.
You may feel a tingling sensation during the treatment.
Pre treatment advice:
Start by booking a consultation with a professional Skin Therapist, to determine the type of treatment appropriate for your skin type.
- No skin exfoliation 3-5 days prior to treatment
- No direct sun exposure for 5-7 days prior to treatment
- Reschedule your appointment if you have open wounds or acne lesions.
Post treatment advice
- After your treatment, your skin may have a tight feeling, and you may experience some redness or a little flaking.
- These are all signs the treatment has been effective.
- Avoid swimming or exercise for 24 hours.
- Avoid direct sun exposure for 48 hours (we recommend using a high quality SPF product to protect your skin from the sun at all times).
- Follow your recommended skin care regime as this will ensure the results of your treatment last as long as possible.