I BELIEVE IN A FRESH START
Our qualified tattoo removal technicians will safely and effectively fade or remove your permanent tattoo/s with the Nd:YAG Q-Switched Laser (1064nm + 532nm).
This treatment is only available at Bendigo and Woden.
Pre Treatment Advice
- Avoid tanning (natural or fake). Tanning is a risk as the laser will be attracted to the active melanin recently produced in the skin surrounding the tattoo causing hyper or hypo pigmentation.
- Avoid sun exposure for at least 6 weeks pre treatment. At all other times use a 50+ physical sun block regardless of the weather.
Post Treatment Advice
- Our Tattoo Removal Technician will apply an antiseptic gel and a waterproof dressing post treatment. After 72 hours you may change the dressing, however the area needs to be kept clean and dry until scabbing has healed.
- Do not pick or scratch the area, treat it with care.
- Avoid all contact with pools/spas/saunas or anywhere that involves chlorine/chemicals or excessive heat for a week after treatment.
- Avoid the gym or excessive exercise for 48 hours post treatment.
The laser directly targets the tattoo ink with nanosecond bursts of high intensity light, while avoiding the surrounding tissue. The tattoo ink absorbs the laser light shattering into tiny fragments. These fragments are absorbed and carried through the body’s lymphatic system fading and removing the tattoo. This process can take several weeks as the tattoo slowly fades over time.
Brazilian Beauty have chosen a sophisticated Q-Switched Nd:YAG Laser system designed primarily for the purpose of tattoo removal. We have the ability to treat darker ink (black and very dark shades – 1064nm) along with red ink (532nm) effectively. Ink that is green, yellow and blue can be challenging, depending on the shade and age of the tattoo, however there is a possibility we may be able to achieve a good result. Free consultations are welcome to assess whether or not your tattoo is suitable for treatment.
Tattoo removal unfortunately can be uncomfortable, however the treatment is extremely quick. We recommend applying a topical anaesthetic cream prior to your appointment to reduce discomfort, ice packs will also be applied to the area immediately before and after to assist in numbing the surface of the skin and removing heat following the treatment.
A series of treatments is required for Laser Tattoo Removal to be effective. Generally, anywhere from 4-12 treatments is recommended. Treatments will be performed in 6-12 week intervals to allow for the ink particles to be eliminated from the body.
- Tattooed areas will appear white, frosted and raised immediately after treatment, this is a normal response and settles within approximately half an hour.
- Pin point bleeding may occur and the tattoo may blister – do not break the blisters. Keep clean and covered until healed.
- The skin can have an unclean or scabby look which can last 3-14 days, do not pick at the area, let this heal in its own time.