I BELIEVE IN NATURAL REJUVENATION
Rejuvenate with your own cells
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
Feel confident with this advanced, effective, and natural rejuvenation treatment.
BELIEVE IN LOOKING AS YOUNG AS YOU FEEL
BELIEVE IN ADVANCED SKIN REJUVENATION
PRP or Platelet Rich Plasma is a concentrate of platelet rich plasma protein derived from your whole blood that has been centrifuged to remove red blood cells. It has a greater concentration of growth factors than whole blood which is used to promote a rapid healing response. PRP treatments are a natural approach to Cosmetic Injections and target a number of skin concerns, such as; fine lines, wrinkles, volume loss and loss of elasticity. PRP can also be used for hair rejuvenation, strengthening the hair follicles to help with thinning hair.
Natural ageing of the skin means that skin texture and appearance deteriorate over time. PRP is suitable for anyone seeking a more natural method to skin or hair rejuvenation. PRP regenerates by using your own cells, more specifically autologous platelet rich plasma (PRP). PRP is being used successfully with thousands of people across the globe to rejuvenate and slow down the ageing process.
For hair rejuvenation, PRP concentrates natural growth factors found in your blood to help stimulate hair follicles, for thicker healthier hair.
- Tired and dry skin, laxity of skin, uneven pigmentation
- Signs of skin ageing
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Overall texture and tone improvement
- Hair loss, thinning or signs of balding
- People who may experience risk of allergic reactions from other treatments
- People looking for a natural treatment using the body’s own healing process
PRP is an autologous treatment, meaning it is your own cells being put back into your skin. We collect between 8 to 24 mls of your blood, which is collected in a similar way to a blood test.
The collected blood is then spun in a centrifuge using a specially designed tube that separates the PRP from the red blood cells. The PRP portion of the tube is then drawn up into a syringe ready to re-inject into the skin. A tiny quantity of platelet activator called Calcium Chloride may be added, which is found naturally in your blood.
This may vary depending on your skin condition, lifestyle and expectations. Three treatments, 4 to 6 weeks apart is usual. Once you and your nurse are happy with the results you can maintain the look with top-up treatments every 1 to 2 years.
Results are typically first visible 2 weeks after treatment, with full results around 4 months post treatment. Platelets stimulate the release of growth factors which assist in collagen regeneration, this means over time your skin will appear rejuvenated, younger and fresher looking. Results will vary from one individual to another.
- Hydrate- it is important to be well hydrated so it is easy to collect your blood
- Avoid consuming alcohol for at least 24 to 48 hours before treatment
- Stop taking any supplements that increase bruising and bleeding these include: Green Tea, Omegas(fish oil), Evening Primrose Oil, Garlic, Echinacea, St Johns Wort, Vitamin E. Nurofen, Voltaren and Aspirin (after consulting with your medical practitioner)
- 5 to 7 days prior you can take Arnica Tablets ( available at pharmacy and health food stores). Discuss with your practitioner.
- Clean, washed hair prior to treatment (hair rejuvenation clients only)
- Stay hydrated
- You may experience slight swelling, bruising and redness for 12 to 24 hours.
- Some clients may experience a headache
- Some people may feel faint and get a bruise a the venapuncture site
- Avoid sun exposure