I BELIEVE IN A YOUNGER LOOKING ME.
IPL Skin Rejuvenation
A fast, safe and effective way to skin rejuvenation
|Skin Profile & Consultation||20 minutes||Complimentary||Book Now|
|Full Face||30 minutes||$139.95||Book Now|
|Male Full Face excluding Beard||30 minutes||$114.95||Book Now|
|2/3 Face||20 minutes||$114.95||Book Now|
|1/3 Face||20 minutes||$94.95||Book Now|
|Full Face, Neck & Décolletage||40 minutes||$189.95||Book Now|
|Décolletage||20 minutes||$94.95||Book Now|
|Neck||10 minutes||$39.95||Book Now|
|Hands only||10 minutes||$39.95||Book Now|
|Spot Treatment||10 minutes||$39.95||Book Now|
|Half Arm including Hands||20 minutes||$124.95||Book Now|
|Full Arm including Hands||30 minutes||$149.95||Book Now|
|We treat all areas! Ask in clinic for more information||POA||Book Now|
If your skin has been on more than a few swings around the sun perhaps it’s time to wind the clock back a little. Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) Skin Rejuvenation uses the power of light to reverse the visible signs of ageing. You can reduce or, in some instances, even remove unwanted blemishes like pigmentation, broken capillaries, sun damage, age spots and redness. Unfortunately, we cannot treat all types of pigment with skin treatments; please consult your doctor for advice.
For more information please read our FAQ’s below or speak to one of our professional Therapists.
- Keep out of the sun for 6 weeks before the treatment and wear a sunscreen (at least SPF30+) every day to protect your skin and to prevent any future UV damage.
- Avoid any irritating or fragranced products for 3 days before the treatment.
- Start using a cosmeceutical range of products. Skin in better condition will see greater and faster results.
- You will need to come and see us for a “test patch” prior to your first treatment to make sure you are suitable for the treatment and that you can expect positive results. You are then set to return in two weeks for your first treatment.
- It is vital that you wear sunscreen every day and keep out of the sun to protect your skin not only
- now but from all future UV damage.
- Avoid getting your skin hot for at least 24 hours. No hot showers, saunas, steam or exercise.
- A light redness may occur after your IPL Skin Rejuvenation treatment. This is normal and usually only lasts several hours.
- If you are treating pigmentation, you may experience a grazed appearance; this is quite normal. It is the pigmentation moving to the surface of the skin, and can last up to two weeks. Do not pick at the grazed skin and do not exfoliate until your skin returns to its normal healthy state. Your health comes first. If any spots look suspect, we will ask for a doctor’s certificate approving your suitability for IPL treatment.
IPL Skin Rejuvenation uses a light therapy technology where pulsed light gently penetrates your skin. This light is attracted to the darker pigments present in age spots, pigmentation, broken capillaries, collagen and elastin. The light heats up the pigmentation triggering three different beneficial effects:
- The pulses of intense light will break up and scatter the pigment. This causes the pigmentation to shrink, and in some cases disappear.
- Broken capillaries can also be effectively treated. The light cauterises and coagulates the vessels and the visible appearance is dramatically reduced.
- Fine lines and wrinkles are also improved. The heat promotes and boosts your natural production of collagen and elastin giving you firmer younger-looking skin.
No, IPL is a completely safe and effective treatment. Follow the pre- and post-treatment advice given to you by your Therapist closely, a very important part of getting the best results and helping avoid any possible complications.
Much depends upon the severity of your skin’s needs. As a rough guide, you may need:
- 6-8 treatments for fine lines and wrinkles.
- 1-4 for small capillaries, 4-6 for large capillaries.
- 6-8 treatments for pigmentation and age spots.
You may notice the effects of IPL Skin Rejuvenation straight away for some skin concerns but it may also take up to 2 weeks to see the results.
IPL skin rejuvenation can only burn the skin if you have recently had sun exposure, or are exposed to the sun after the treatment or taking medications which make your skin light sensitive. Your skin therapist will perform a thorough consultation on you before you have the treatment done. Your therapist will let you know what you need to do before and after the treatment for the best results.
Unfortunately IPL skin rejuvenation technology works with a broad spectrum light which is attracted to pigment (colour). If you skin is darker, the light can be attracted to the skin instead of the target. The ideal IPL patient is a client with fair skin.
IPL Skin Rejuvenation is effective on all pigmentation spots including dark burn scars. Unfortunately if burn scars are light (white), they will not be treated effectively as they are too fair for the light to pick up.